192.168.1.1 is the default IP address or the gateway through which one can access the internet. For different ADSL routers such as NETGEAR, Asus, TP-Link, Linksys, etc., the 192.168.1.1 is the default IP address. This particular IP address is utilized for the benefit of configuring the router. It can be used at the time of setting up the router and accessing it using the admin login credentials for the wireless network.
The users of a router can handle various things like WPS, network settings, WLAN settings, forwarding, WAN, bandwidth control, IP and MAC binding, dynamic DNS, IPv6 support, system tools and much more. By using the host IP address 192.168.1.1, the users can easily change the username and password of a router. The 192.168.1.1 is the primary IP address for most of the routers.
What is 192.168.1.1?
Most of the people search for 192.168.1.1 IP address on the Google search engine. Currently, you view everything as 192.168.1.1. But, some of them confuse between 1.1 and l.l. While entering the IP address, keep this in mind and access your router using the precise credentials.
By entering the IP address 192.168.1.1 in the address bar or the URL of your browser, you can land on the router login page. By default, the router will have a username and password. In this post, we have even included the default 192.168.1.1 Login Username and Password for different branded routers. Access your internet connection using the relevant credentials.
How to Login to Wireless Router?
If you are a newbie using a wireless internet then, you may not be aware of the process to login into the router. Follow the steps below to login to the wireless router:
- The users need to type http://192.168.1.1 manually into the address bar of your browser.
- Immediately, you will redirect to the login page of your router.
- Ensure that you don’t type the wrong IP address as ‘192.168.l.l’
- After that, you need to type the login credentials in the provided fields.
- The login details include username and password for the respective router.
- If you have changed the default username and password, you need to enter them.
- Otherwise, check the default IP address username password of your router from the list provided here.
- Soon after providing the details, you can access the router admin dashboard.
What Privileges do you get with 192.168.1.1?
For the host address 192.168.1.1 IP address, the users need to use the username and password so as to access the admin dashboard. This is the major privilege or advantage for the users by using the 192.168.l.l Router Login Password. All these options on the admin dashboard can be accessed by the users through 192.168.1.1 router login password.
After logging into the network device management panel, the users can acquire the full-fledged admin privileges. The users can alter the settings and configure the router software with much ease. On the admin dashboard, one can view various options such as the following:
- WLAN Settings
- Network Management
All these options on the admin dashboard can be accessed by the users through 192.168.1.1 router login password. You can customize the settings on your admin dashboard and access the internet based on your preference. You can even change the username and password of your router instead of using the default credentials.
Know Default 192.168.1.1 IP Address Username & Password
|ETHERFAST CABLE/DSL ROUTER||MULTI||Administrator||admin|
|BEFSR41 Rev. 2||HTTP||admin||Empty Field|
|LINKSYS ROUTER DSL/CABLE||HTTP||Empty Field||admin|
|WAP54G Rev. 2.0||HTTP||Empty Field||admin|
|COMCAST Rev. COMCAST-SUPPLIED||HTTP||comcast||1234|
|Linksys DSL||Empty Field||n/a||admin|
|AG 241 – ADSL2 GATEWAY||MULTI||admin||admin|
|BEFSR41 Rev. 2||HTTP||Empty Field||admin|
|AP 1120||MULTI||n/a||Empty Field|
|PAP2 / PAP2V2 (VONAGE)||HTTP||admin||admin|
|WRT54G Rev. ALL REVISIONS||HTTP||Empty Field||admin|
|MODEL WRT54GC COMPACT||MULTI||Empty Field||admin|
|OMNIPCX OFFICE Rev. 4.1||FTP||ftp_nmc||tuxalize|
|PBX Rev. 4400||PORT 2533||kermit||kermit|
|OXO Rev. 1.3||MULTI||root||permit|
|PBX Rev. 4400||PORT 2533||root||letacla|
Unable to Access 192.168.1.1 – How to Fix it?
Some of the people confront the issues such as 192.168.1.1 IP address is not loading or can’t connect. In such a case, people can find the simple solutions provided below:
- The users need to check whether they have entered the precise IP address as 192.168.1.1 in the address bar or not. In some case, the users will type 192.168.l.l which are incorrect IP address. Check it properly and access the network with 192.168.1.1 router IP address.
- The default username and password of all the routers might not be same as the default IP address 192.168.l.l. You can find the appropriate username and password from the list of 192.168.1.1 Router Username and password provided below.
How to Reset your Router Password using 192.168.1.1?
Just check out some of the best ways that help the users to reset their router password using the default IP address 192.168.1.1:
- If you don’t know the router password and username then, there is only one possibility to recover it.
- All you need to do is to reset the factory default settings of your router.
- By making the factory settings, all the current login credentials of your router will be replaced with the default login details.
- In order to make the factory settings, you need to just press and hold the Reset button for about 20 seconds.
- You can find the reset button on the back of your router.
- The router reset process can be done by the user manually.
- After that, the router will get restarted. You can confirm the router restart as the lights start blinking on the router.
- That’s all! You have successfully reset the factory settings on your router.
This is all you need to know about the 192.168.1.1 IP address router’s username and password. You can find the list of default username and password of your router provided in this post.